Skip to content | Thursday, 23-Mar-2017 | Text Only View | Site Map | Text size: A A A

Cheshire East SP

Click here to download the browsealoud software (this link will open in a new window)

Cheshire East Single Point of Access for Housing Support


UK and cheshire east

Welcome to the Cheshire East Single Point of Access

We provide a range of floating support and hostel services for people with a support need. This could be anything from help to claim the correct benefits and life skills such as budgeting, to more complex support with things like drug and alcohol support needs or support to manage a person's mental health.

In order to access these services all referrals should be made online using the application form on this website.

What type of Support is available?

Floating support services can work with people wherever they are in Cheshire East; whether living in a private rented home, social housing or a home they own. Services can also work with people who are homeless so long as they can be contacted either directly or via a friend / relative.

Supported Housing is for people who need somewhere to live either because they are homeless or need some support to manage in the short term. Support staff are on hand to provide advice and support with straightforward life skills. If more help is needed they can provide help to access other services. Support staff will help you to learn how to live independently and support you to move on into your own housing. 

The support offered includes:

  • Setting up and keeping a home and/or tenancy
  • Managing finances, debt advice and applying for benefits
  • Gaining access to other services
  • Establishing social contacts and activities
  • Supervising and monitoring of health, wellbeing and medication

How do I apply?

You can apply for support by using the online application form on this website, but the form is quite long so most people get somebody to help them. If you have a social worker or a housing support worker they will make a referral with you.

It is important to include a contact phone number where we can contact you.The form will time you out after 30 minutes because it is a secure application. Please note that the form is 5 pages long and has to be completed in one go. At the end of each page click 'Next Section' to go to the next page.

New Services from 1st April 2017

Strategic Housing have successfully commissioned a programme of Housing Related Support Services across Cheshire East. The new contracts commence from 1st April 2017, providing 200 units of accommodation and 155 units of floating support for some of the most vulnerable residents of our Borough. The design of the services are outcome focussed, allowing families and single people the opportunity to access support at a time of need. This approach will ensure that those with complex needs will be supported into independence where this is achievable, or will have a suitable service in place to support them to maintain accommodation and prevent homelessness. The service providers are bringing exciting and innovative approaches to the programme of early intervention and prevention, which will provide significant value for money to the Council, with a reduction in demand to front line services. 

Applications to the new services can be taken from the 17th March 2017.



Site powered by Abritas  |  Cookie policy